The team created a testing framework that included a configured engine for testing, which was validated using REST-API queries. The framework was then able to handle user interface tests. Additionally, a daily build in the Jenkins tool was set to run at 7 am every day. The testing database was continually updated, and defects were found virtually in every tested class and were fixed in the process. The resulting testing framework was found to be adaptable to other projects. Our team also worked on maintenance and conceptual work, including the integration of a new intern into the team.
Major completed tasks included:
• The test engine has been configured and is operational
• REST-API queries are being tested
• Sent or calculated values are validated against the database
• The engine is ready to accept user interface tests
• A daily build in the CI/CD tool (Jenkins) runs at 7am
• The test database is being systematically expanded
• Regression testing can be integrated into the developer pipeline
• Defects have been found on practically every tested class
• Continuous maintenance and conceptual work are ongoing
• A trainee is currently being onboarded
• The framework is adaptable to other projects.