ISO 27001 is an international standard that specifies the essentials and requirements of a company’s information security management system (ISMS). The measure was set in 1995 by International Organization for Standardization, and today, it’s one well-known B2B certifications. It’s a clear sign that company that owns ISO 27001 acts with concern for their client’s data safety.
The first step in the ISO 27001 certification process is establishing the information security management system – especially the goals for information security, the scope of the system, potential risks and information threats in the organization, and its modus operandi. ISMS is a typical human-based system; therefore, internal tests, improvement, and training are vital for the project’s success.
The company is ready to begin the audit when the ISMS performs, and data is protected according to the system principles. The audit for ISO 27001 can be conducted only by an independent certification body.
At Scalo, we were audited and certified in the field of ISO 27001 by TÜV NORD, one of the oldest and most well-known certification bodies in the world. Our company was certified in the scope of design, production, implementation, and maintenance of software, outsourcing of IT services, and information technology consulting.
We’re a software development company that operates globally and got onboard more than 500 people. It means that we process a large amount of information:
– As a large software house, we manage information about our client’s multiple projects, which is often confidential. We also process personal data. Therefore we decided to build and implement an information security management system. For us, the ISO 27001 certification was the next step linked with Scalo’s development strategy. Today, thanks to the certificate, we can show that we are a reliable software partner that cares for our client’s data confidentiality – said Wojech Kubiak, Chief Financial Officer at Scalo.
It is worth noting that the moment when an organization receives the ISO 27001 certificate is not an end. It’s rather the beginning of a constant improvement process: – After the certification process ended, we prepared a list o further improvements for our information security management system. Additionally, every year we will be evaluated by the certification body, and every three years, we will undergo a full audit to renew our ISO 27001 certificate – adds Wojciech Kubiak.
No software project is not based on data. Therefore, working with ISO-27001-certified software houses like Scalo is a guarantee that:
- You don’t have to worry about data security audits before starting cooperation. It’s already done.
- All the information you share is processed and managed according to the best security standards.
- The threat of data leaks during collaboration and afters is close to zero.
- Your data is protected by a high performing and constantly monitored security system.
If you’re looking for a reliable software partner to start your new custom software project, you’re in the right place. Just contact us. Your data is 100% protected with Scalo.