PHP is used by tech giants like Facebook, Yahoo, and MailChimp. The most important of PHP are the following:
- It is perfectly scalable and loads really fast.
- It boasts lightning speed. PHP is almost three times as fast as Python.
- PHP has amazing community support. It’s one of the easiest languages to learn.
- PHP-based applications are platform-independent. They can run on any operating system such as Windows, Linux, UNIX, etc.
- It’s stable and user-friendly.
- PHP is flexible – you can readily use it to combine its functions with various other languages.
- It’s extremely fast. As an interpreted programming language, it reduces the time required by other languages.
- The language provides rich interfaces so that you can build catchy websites.
- It’s versatile. It’s capable of front-end as well as back-end development.
- Classes and objects. Neither of the two languages was originally object-oriented. The feature was added as the languages evolved.
- They both require HTTP to execute.
The programming language’s availability defines who owns the script and who can modify it. PHP is an open-source language. Its source code is available free of cost to the public, so the language is available for changes. On the other hand, JS is a non-free platform but an open standard program. It is maintained by W3C and Ecma International.