Python is a programming language often used to build websites and software, conduct data analysis, and automate tasks. It’s general-purpose so it can be used to create different programs. It isn’t specialized for any specific projects. The language was created in 1991 as an open-source language that emphasizes readable Python code. It doesn’t need any compiler to run. Instead, the language comes with an interpreter that enables developers to test and display the results of their edits quickly. Also, it can be deployed on most platforms and devices.
The most important features of Python:
- It’s a high-level language.
- It’s portable.
- Its code is readable.
- It’s object-oriented.
Python is commonly used for building software and websites. The most common things Python is great for are:
- Web development. Python is often used to develop the back end of websites or applications.
- Automation or scripting. Python can be used to automate simple tasks on the computer such as renaming files, finding and downloading content, etc.
- Machine learning apps and advanced data analytics. The language allows developers to conduct complex statistical calculations, create data visualizations, and build machine-learning algorithms. Python also works well with cloud computing.
- Testing and prototyping. Using Python, you can build control, track bugs, and test software for new products and features.
Python is widely used across industries. It’s extremely versatile. Therefore, it allows developers to build various applications from e-commerce and marketing to healthcare and finance banking applications. Some prominent examples of the types of apps you can build with Python are:
- Blockchain apps that are now the hottest type of applications. Python frameworks enable developers to use HTTP requests to interact with their blockchain over the net and create endpoints for distinct functions of blockchain.
- Audio and video applications – Python is just perfect for creating apps that contain music and other types of audio and video content. YouTube is also one of the apps built in Python.
- Game development. Many famous games (such as Battlefield 2 and EVE Online) have been created using Python.
- Machine learning applications – Python has different libraries for machine learning. They can be used under a GNU license.
- System administration apps and business management apps like ERP and e-commerce app development solutions.
Definitely. Python is a great language for mobile app development. This is mainly because the language is easy to write and read and at the same time, powerful when solving complex problems. A comprehensive library allows you to connect Python with 3rd party APIs or modules. It is excellent for both Android and iOS apps.
You can use Python while building Android applications. When it comes to Android development, the programming language is a lot easier than Java and much better in complexity. Platforms like QPython, Pyside, or PyMob have been created with Python.
Python also allows the building of iOS apps. The process is simple – you should just code your iOS app with Python and then deploy it using e.g., Xcode. Make sure you have an iMac or MacBook to deploy the app, though!
Python has a large selection of well-supported frameworks. They streamline development processes to deliver projects in a shorter time, without losing efficiency. It works fine for Python mobile app development. The most important Python frameworks are:
- Django web framework.
Python is part of the most important applications in the industry. Most of them, you for sure know well! Here are the most popular apps made with Python.
The most popular social networking site. It permits users to take photos and videos, edit them with filters, and share them with followers. Currently, the platform has +500 million active users per day. It uses Python on its backend. It also features the world’s largest deployment of the Django framework, which is written entirely in Python. Using Python in Instagram has allowed for rapid development and made it easier for the app to scale up.
A popular web-based hosting service that gives clients the choice of file synchronization, cloud storage, client software, and personal cloud. The web app is accessible for Windows, iOS, Linux, and Android. The application mostly uses Python – the majority of the code is written in Python. In fact, the initial Dropbox product was almost entirely written in this language, mainly because of Python code’s high quality.
The globe’s biggest music streaming service that has annual revenue approaching 10 million euros. The application uses Python for two main segments: data analysis and backend services. Spotify developers chose Python mainly because of the language’s capability to speed and the development process and its active community.
A well-known car hail and ride-sharing application. It operates in 785 metropolitan areas worldwide. It’s a platform where drivers and delivery men can connect with riders, eaters, and restaurants. When you request an Uber ride, a nearby driver accepts your request and the app displays an estimated time of arrival for the driver heading to your pickup location.
A web content rating, discussion, and social news aggregator platform that enables users to submit their content in the type of text posts, links, and images. Reddit is a social news website and forum with curated content promoted by the users through voting.
There are 4 things you really need to keep in mind while building software in Python:
- Python is an interpreted language which means it doesn’t need sophisticated builds or packaging distributions. The language focuses more on human-based distributions.
- Make sure the documentation is readable so all developers can come to a better understanding of the project and build a powerful web app.
- Responsible coding is crucial. Developers should know that indentation is critical, etc.
- Don’t forget to make use of Python Shell – one of the best features of Python!